What’s up, kids? Welcome to the first installment of our DIY series.
Today we are gonna learn how to make a mop marker. I learned how to make this particular tool back in 1995. Since then, I have experimented with plenty of different ways to make a marker, but this still remains the most effective and easiest method.
Things that you’re gonna need:
- one bottle of shoe scuff cover. (It doesn’t matter what color)
- one marble
- ink / paint (we will go over this in a future post)
- gloves and a rag are optional
Let’s get to work:
- Uncap the scuff cover and keep the clear plastic dome. (That dome is the only thing that’s gonna keep your ink inside of your mop as opposed to all over your jeans or in your backpack.)
- Pry the nib out of the neck of the bottle (it comes out really easy) and set it aside.
- Dump the contents of the bottle down the sink and wash out the bottle until it’s clean.
- Put the marble into the bottle.
- Use a funnel or a measuring cup to fill the bottle with your ink.
- Replace the nib and go wreck shit.
- Refill as needed.
That’s It. I told you it was easy.
This method gives you a full one inch marker head and the marble inside makes sure that your ink stays nice and fresh. If you squeeze the bottle while writing you can control the flow of ink and create drips and runs.
Get out and get up.